The site features Hyde's main war memorial, an obelisk on a stepped plinth. The country park has views across Manchester and the Pennines. There is also a visitor centre.
With funds raised by public subscription, Hyde's War Memorial Committee bought Lower Higham Farm and its lands. The land and farm are now held in trust as a memorial to the 710 men of the area who gave their lives in World War 1. The site was opened as a country park by H.R.H. the Duke of Gloucester on June 9th, 1980.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)