Garden of Remembrance, Burnhope 8396

Durham, England

Brief Description

This is a formal garden with a central inscribed bird bath. The garden is enclosed by brick walls on three sides, holding nine plaques giving the names of the fallen.

History

The garden was opened in 1919 and dedicated on 9th September 1920. It now commemorates the dead of both World Wars.

Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Burnhope
History

Period

  • Early 20th Century