This is a park for community use.
An area of parkland has been noted at this location, presumably dating from 1953.
The park is an open recreational space surrounded by a hedge, which covers some short sections of iron railings. One or two mature trees remain along one edge with some 20th-century park benches. There are two buildings for community use and in one part of the space there is some play equipment. Otherwise it is an open space faintly marked out with some sports pitches. The site is in the centre of a housing estate.
Record Created: 06/11/2010
Record Updated: 14/01/2012
Detailed HistoryThe site name may relate to the coronation in 1953, but this is not verified as yet.