Chilton Park 4452

Aylesbury, England, Buckinghamshire, Aylesbury Vale

Brief Description

Chilton Park consists of large area of enclosed unlandscaped pasture land with the timber-framed Chilton Park Farm acting as lodge for the park.

History

In around 1544, an area of land known locally as 'Fyppenhoe' or 'Phippenhoo' was enclosed for use as pasture land for the lords and tenants of Brill and Dorton. The work was carried out by John Croke and the land named Chilton Park.Chilton Park Farm was built in 1607 as a lodge to the park.

Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Chilton
References

References