This recreation ground has an uncertain future, outline planning permission having been granted to build on the site.
Playing fields and a pavilion were opened in 1926, commemorating lost from Birkenhead Institute who lost their lives in World War 1. Poplar trees (no longer extant) and memorial gates were added in 1933. Following the closure of the school in 1995, the land went into private ownership, and outline planning permission was granted to build houses. This is currently under review.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)