The Hazelwood Estate landscaped the gardens from 1920 with the 'Hanging Gardens of Babylon' and the 'Grand Floral Staircase' by Cheal's.
The site was bought as a public amenity by Belfast Corporation in 1911. The gardens were landscaped in the 1920s. There has been a zoo here since 1934.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact Detailshttp://www.belfastzoo.co.uk/ZooHome/Visitus/OpeningHours.aspx
DirectionsFour miles north of Belfast city centre, off the A8.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)