The site was formerly the grounds of Beaumont House, the seat of the Bewes family. Beaumont House was, for a time, used as the Plymouth museum, but is now a clinic. It has an 18th-century three-storey wing and a Regency east wing and porch, all stuccoed.
Francis W Harris was Mayor of Plymouth between 1891 and 1892. During his mayoralty, he opened Beaumont Park as a public park. There is a tablet affixed to the wall there with the following inscription: 'A beech tree 10f north of this stone was planted by Alderman Francis W Harris, Mayor 1891 in commemoration of the opening of Beaumont Park'.
Visitor FacilitiesThis is a municipal park for general public use. More information
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThis is a municipal park for general public use.
Plymouth City CouncilCivic Centre, Royal Parade, PL1 2AA