This site was formerly a cemetery. It has been adapted as a memorial garden, and has a dedicatory sign with white lettering on a green background.
- Visitor Access, Directions & Contacts
Rother District Council
In 1804, during the Napoleonic Wars, over 5,000 soldiers of the King’s German Legion were garrisoned at Bexhill. The barracks stretched over 25 acres between Belle Hill, Chantry Lane and the present-day London Road. A cemetery was established in Barrack Road where hundreds of military personnel and their dependents were buried over the years, including members of the King’s German Legion.
- Features & Designations
- Memorial Garden
- Key Information
Open to the public