The Worcester Pleasure Grounds, designed by William Barron, were opened in 1859. They featured an elaborate central fountain with broderie parterres and serpentine walks round. In 1864 the company went bankrupt and the land was sold for house sites.
The Worcester Public Pleasure Grounds Company was founded in 1857. The garden was opened in 1859. It closed in 1864 due to bankruptcy. The site was then sold for building.
- En Broderie
- Access & Directions
DirectionsIn Worcester city centre.
- Mid 19th Century
- Associated People
Just one person associated to Worcester Pleasure Grounds