The Green is now a traffic island and has been hedged and grassed to form a garden. Narrow paths provide pedestrian access to the garden and between the shops on either side of the Green. The square wooden structure is situated on stone paving slabs, and is supported on its four corners by posts on stone piers. It has a round stone basin and pump in its centre. The structure is open on all sides with gable ends to the roof above. Solid wooden planks that may act as seats have been added at right angles to each corner extending into the paved area. It provides a surprising quiet area and is well maintained.
In 1922, a wooden structure covering the local village pump was erected in the middle of the Village Green to commemorate those from Stubbington and Hill Head who died in World War 1. The mother of the only woman among those who died proposed and designed the memorial. The names of the dead were carved on the inside roof. By 2000 the names had become indistinct but they have now been fully restored.
- War Memorial
- Description: The structure is open on all sides with gable ends to the roof above.
- Earliest Date:
- Latest Date:
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
Hampshire Gardens Trust