Victoria Park, Swansea 3372

Wales

Brief Description

Victoria Park is a small urban public park, opened in 1887, in the centre of Swansea. It incorporates a large conservatory, the Patti Pavilion, brought from Craig-y-nos Castle in 1920.

History

The park was opened on Jubilee Day, 1887.

Visitor Facilities

This is a municipal park for general public use.
Features
  • Bowling Green
  • Description: There are two bowling greens.
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Pavilion
  • Description: The Patti Pavilion was re-erected in Victoria Park in 1920.
  • Latest Date:
  • Fountain
  • Description: The fountain was erected to mark the centenary of the park.
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Statue
  • Description: Bronze statue of William Thomas. This was moved to its present site in 1930.
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
Access & Directions

Access Contact Details

This is a municipal park for general public use.

Directions

The park is on the left heading out of the city centre towards Mumbles.
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Uplands
Contact

Telephone

01443 336000

Official Website

Click Here

Owners

  • City of Swansea

    County Hall, Oystermouth Road, Swansea, SA1 3SN
References

References