Regeneration of this declining 19th-century park began in 1999, when a children's play area and multi-use sports pitches were laid out. By 2010, CCTV, new lighting, a new bandstand and outdoor gym had been installed and the park has gained a Green Flag award.
Laid out on 14 hectares of farm land in 1887 and opened in 1889, the park had a lodge, boating pool with boathouse and a bandstand. In 1930 two lawn tennis courts and a bowling green were added. Decline set in and by the 1970s the bandstand and boathouse had been demolished.
Visitor FacilitiesThis is a municipal park, open daily for general public use.
Bandstand, Lake, War Memorial
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThis is a municipal park, open daily for general public use.
Staffordshire Gardens and Parks Trust