The churchyard is largely grass, with wooden crosses and a World War 1 war memorial, and contains a number of mature trees including a large Holm oak, yew and other trees. Despite adjoining a busy road to the south, the churchyard's trees and boundary hedge give a quiet shaded aspect.
St George's Church was built in 1863-5 to serve the new Bickley Park Estate being developed by George Wythes. The land was formerly part of the estate of William Dent, Chairman of the Mid-Kent Railway Company. Wythes' estate is a good example of suburban development built for the upper classes after the railway brought greater access to the capital.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Bickley. Bus: 269
- Mid 19th Century
London Parks and Gardens Trust