Search for the name, locality, period or a feature of a locality. You'll then be taken to a map showing results.

Redland Green

Introduction

Redland Green is a small, irregularly shaped public park, laid out in the early-20th century.

Terrain

Flat at the south, but steeply sloping at the north.

Redland Green is a small, irregularly shaped public park. Its southern section is on flat ground. Its northern section has the steeply sloping sides of a small gully. The park is mostly grassland, crossed by paved footpaths. Avenues of plane trees have been planted along some of these paths. There is a well-kept bowling green in the centre of the park, and a children's play area to the north of that.

Redland Green is maintained by the Parks Department of Bristol City Council. The grass is cut regularly, and the whole area is kept clean and tidy.

Visitor Access, Directions & Contacts

Access contact details

This is a municipal park for general public use.

Owners

Bristol City Council

Colston Street, Bristol, BS1 5AQ
History

The bulk of the land on which Redland Green is laid out was given to Bristol City Corporation in the 1920s by the Lords of the Manor of Henbury. A further area of land was later donated by the owners of Redland chapel.

Period

Early 20th Century (1901-1932)

Features & Designations

Features

  • Tree Avenue
  • Description: Avenues of plane trees have been planted along some of the paths.
  • Bowling Green
Key Information

Type

Public Park

Purpose

Public Park

Principal Building

Parks, Gardens And Urban Spaces

Period

Early 20th Century (1901-1932)

Survival

Extant

Open to the public

Yes