New Cemetery, Abergavenny 2401

Gwent, Wales

Brief Description

New Cemetery, Abergavenny, is a well-preserved, late-19th-century landscaped garden cemetery, complete with a lodge and a chapel. The cemetery is situated on a low hill on the south bank of the River Usk and has mainly evergreen planting. The original landscaping incorporated an old oak tree by the river.

History

The eastern end of the cemetery was built, landscaped and opened in 1894.

Features
  • Chapel (featured building)
  • Description: The chapel is a stone octagonal building with a tower, set on the top of the cemetery hill.
Gate Lodge
Access & Directions

Directions

The cemetery can be accessed from a lane at the south end of Abergavenny Bridge.
Contact

Telephone

01443 336000

Official Website

Other websites

Owners

  • Monmouthshire County Council

    County Hall, Cwmbran, NP44 2XH
References

References