This site consists of a war memorial and memorial garden built to commemorate the fallen of World War 1. The memorial is of sandstone, taking the form of a curved wall with plaques commemorating the dead, and topped by a stone figure of a soldier in the centre.
The garden was created as a memorial after World War 1. It was unveiled on 31 October 1925 by the Earl of Strathmore. The rest Garden was completed on 7 June 1926.Built elements were designed by James Prain Bruce, an architect in Dundee. The sculpture was by Thomas Beattie, of Edinburgh.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)