The Manor House, West Bromwich 7029

West Midlands, England, West Midlands

Brief Description

The site has a moated medieval timber-framed manor house with a large gatehouse. There was a garden (now lost) with well-documented planting from 1720 to 1760. Remaining fetures include a 17th-century garden wall and bee boles. The house was a pub until recently. The garden was grassed over though its walls remain. The site is now back in municipal ownership.

History

The house was built by the de Marnham family in the late-1200s.

Visitor Facilities

The site has recently returned to municipal ownership and is currently undergoing restoration. It is envisaged that it will be open to the public once the restoration is complete.
Features
  • Manor House (featured building)
  • Description: Several additions have been made to the house since it was first bult in the late-1200s.
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Garden Wall
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
Moat, Bee Bole
Access & Directions

Access Contact Details

The site has recently returned to municipal ownership and is currently undergoing restoration. It is envisaged that it will be open to the public once the restoration is complete.
Contact

Telephone

01793 445050

Official Website

Click Here

Other websites

Owners

  • Sandwell Council

    PO Box 2374, Oldbury, B69 3DE
References

Contributors

  • Staffordshire Gardens and Parks Trust