This is one of three 20th century walled gardens at Lygrove. It was laid out as a kitchen garden, but was converted to a formal garden in the 1980s.
The kitchen garden was laid out by G.H. Kitchen for the Countess of Westmoreland in 1927.
When the site was last visited in 1986, the then-owner, Christopher Selmes was maintaining the garden after some previous neglect. Work had been carried out by some landscape contractors and a full-time gardener had been appointed. A new formal garden was being designed and built in the kitchen garden, the greenhouses having been demolished. In 1986, work had been concentrated on the 20th century walled gardens and the associated buildings and walls. The castellated fortifications, woodland, avenue and the lodge were in need of further care.
- Walled Garden
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
Avon Gardens Trust