The present manor house at Lower Wick stands on the site of an ancient manor house (13th century). In the 14th century this house stood in a deer park. Surviving features include a line of three fish ponds. The remains of a Norman church survive among the farm buildings.
There was a manor house belonging to the Bishop of Worcester by 1299. A deer park is mentioned in 1339.
- Access & Directions
DirectionsTwo miles south-west of Worcester via the A449.
- Medieval (1066-1540)