The hall, built in 1698, was demolished in 1811. The site was used for coal mining in the 1800s and there was a quarry in the 1960s. Its current status is unknown.
Keeton Hall (Kiverton Hall) was built.
William Talman made designs for the mansion for the 1st Duke of Leeds, though the building erected between 1698 and 1704 by Daniel Brand was not to that design. Jean Tijou worked here.
The house was on high ground and the extensive formal layout, perhaps by George London, was on a gentle slope east, with the axis aligned on Lincoln Cathedral, 22 miles away. The park to the east may have been enclosed from fields at this time. James Gibbs made unexecuted designs for garden buildings incuding a Gothic Ruin for the 4th Duke in 1741. The house was demolished 1811, and later in that century the area around became coal mines and steel works.
- Associated People