Features of Hillside Gardens Park include playgrounds, sports pitches and tennis courts.
Hillside Gardens Park is on a site purchased by the LCC for housing between Palace Road and Hillside Road. In 1949 the Minister of Housing approved a scheme by G E Wallis and Sons, and in 1953 there was a further agreement to purchase some 1.42 hectares of land for public open space, which then contained old tennis courts. The small park was laid out in 1954 with tennis and netball courts, a playground, lawns, trees and seating. It opened to the public in 1955. A new playground was opened in 2005, celebrating the park's 50th anniversary.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 7.30am - 15 minutes before sunset.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 7.30am - 15 minutes before sunset.
DirectionsTube: Brixton (Victoria) then bus. Rail: Streatham Hill. Bus: 2, 59, 68, 133, 137, 159, 196, 417, 432, 468, P13
London Parks and Gardens Trust