Happy Valley, Llandudno (also known as Jubilee Gardens)1618

Denbighshire, Wales

Brief Description

The 19th-century public gardens at Happy Valley are situated on the east side of the rocky headland, the Great Orme, and afford wide views over Llandudno Bay. Features include a limestone rockery, a colonnaded walk and a newly-restored camera obscura.

History

The area where the gardens were developed was formerly a copper mine and a stone quarry. The site was given to the town of Llandudno in the late-19th century by Lord Mostyn.

Visitor Facilities

This is a municipal park, open daily for general public use.
Features
  • Structure
  • Description: A camera obscura
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Fountain
  • Description: Large drinking fountain in marble and sandstone with a bronze bust of Queen Victoria.
  • Walk
  • Description: Woodland walks.
Rockery, Garden Terrace
Access & Directions

Access Contact Details

This is a municipal park, open daily for general public use.
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Llandudno
History

Period

  • Victorian (1837-1901)
Contact
References

References