Great Brickhill Manor 4494

Milton Keynes, England, Buckinghamshire, Aylesbury Vale

Brief Description

The site is a 28 hectare (70 acre) mid-19th-century park surrounded by a boundary wall. It was formerly the site of Great Brickhill Manor house which has now been demolished.

History

The park has dates from as early as the 13th century, though the current castellated brick enclosure walls were built in 1835.In the 19th century, Great Brickhill Manor was the seat of Sir P.D.P Duncome, and was the last recorded manor house on this site. It was demolished in 1935.

Features
Boundary Wall
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Great Brickhill
History

Period

  • Victorian (1837-1901)
References

References