Glendoune House (also known as Piedmont)4150

Girvan, Scotland

Brief Description

The well-wooded estate at Glendoune House was laid out in the 19th century and comprised at that time a small park, woodlands and a walled garden. It is currently bisected by the railway line.

History

Glendoune House was associated with the Boyd family, the Lairds of Penkill. A new house was built in about 1800 as Penkill Castle was uninhabitable at that time.

Contact

Telephone

0131 668 8600

Official Website

Click Here
References

References