The site features the remains of an early-18th-century formal garden associated with the Old Hall. There were later additions in 19th and 20th centuries following the construction of the current Gisborough Hall.
Thomas Chaloner acquired the site of the former Gisborough Priory in 1547. The current gardens date from the building of the Old Hall from 1680 when a typical formal layout of the time was adopted. There was further work at the end of the 18th century, most notably the 'Monk's Walk' a double avenue of lime trees which still survive. In the 1850's the current Gisborough Hall was constructed and kitchen garden was added. In the early 20th century, an Italian garden was added.
Visitor FacilitiesThe site is open from 9 am Wednesdays to Sundays, and additionally on Tuesdays between April and September.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe site is open from 9 am Wednesdays to Sundays, and additionally on Tuesdays between April and September.
DirectionsTurn off Whitby Lane to car park for Bow Street Centre.
- 18th Century
Official WebsiteClick Here
English HeritagePO Box 569, Swindon, SN2 2YP
Gisborough HallWhitby Lane, Guisborough, TS14 6PT