Flixton House 6459

Trafford, Greater Manchester, England, Greater Manchester

Brief Description

Flixton House is a house with grounds and a small park to the east of Flixton Road. The site was cut through by the railway line by the late-19th-century when there were already signs of development in the area. The house, which is brick-built, was once the home of the Wright family. A stone marked 'LMA 1723' commemorates Ann and William Latus of Shaw Hall, and was brought to Flixton House in 1955 when Shaw Hall was demolished. The site remains extant. It is now a public park, and the hall is used for functions.

History

The house and gardens were built in 1806, and came into municipal ownership in 1935.

Visitor Facilities

This site is now a public park, with the house available for weddings and functions. Please see: http://www.trafford.gov.uk/cme/live/cme1807.htm?scheme_name=lgnl&scheme_category_id=461
Features
  • House (featured building)
  • Description: The house is brick-built.
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Garden Feature
  • Description: A stone marked `LMA 1723? commemorates Ann and William Latus of Shaw Hall, and was brought to Flixton House in 1955 when Shaw Hall was demolished.
Access & Directions

Access Contact Details

This site is now a public park, with the house available for weddings and functions. Please see: http://www.trafford.gov.uk/cme/live/cme1807.htm?scheme_name=lgnl&scheme_category_id=461
References

References

Contributors

  • Lancashire Gardens Trust

  • Greater Manchester Archaeological Unit