The site was in existence by the time of the 1856 Ordnance Survey map. Current features include two lakes with decorative cascades formed on a natural stream and a bridge with iron posts. A 19th-century long walkway runs beside the lakes and stream. There is also a spring head stone feature originally to bring water from the mines. There is 19th-century woodland planting, including four Wellingtonia specimens and rhododendrons. The site is partly bounded by railings on a stone wall.
The gardens are shown on the 1856 Ordnance Survey map. They were still in existence by 1955 and remain extant, although rather overgrown.
- Earliest Date:
- Latest Date:
- Specimen Tree
- Description: Four Wellingtonias.