Chelsea Green is a fragment of the old Chelsea Common, a small triangular public garden at the junction of streets laid out by 1836.
Between 1674 and 1695 the common was enclosed and charges for grazing funded the restoration of Chelsea's old parish church. This area was developed from the 1790s onwards after building leases were granted by land-owner George Cadogan.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Sloane Square (District, Circle), South Kensington (District, Circle, Piccadilly)
- Victorian (1837-1901)