The park originally belonged to a late-18th-century house owned by Charles Churchill. The grounds were developed by Humphry Repton and Samuel Lapidge. A golf course and cricket grounds have taken over the formal park design at Chalfont.
The formal park design at Chalfont was created by Capability Brown in 1760. A lake was formed in 1794 together with the construction of a boathouse and icehouse. Chalfont Park underwent changes again in 1836 when a cricket pitch was introduced.
Visitor FacilitiesThere is now a golf course and cricket ground on the site.
Lake, Boat House
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThere is now a golf course and cricket ground on the site.
DirectionsOn the south side of Chalfont St Peter, east of the A413
- Chalfont St.
- Associated People
- Smith, N, Historic Parks and Gardens Register Review (Buckinghamshire Stage 1) (Aylesbury: Buckinghamshire County Museum Archaeological Service, 1998)Gardens Register Review (Buckinghamshire) (Stage 1)
- http://www.bucksgardenstrust.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Chalfont_Park.pdfUnderstanding Historic Parks and Gardens in Buckinghamshire