Broadward Hall (also known as Broadway Hall)4956

Clungunford, England, Shropshire

Brief Description

In the 19th century, formal grounds and shrubberies were attached to Broadward Hall, and a small park once lay to the east.

History

Broadward Hall (in 1808 and 1827 called Broadway Hall) had formal grounds and

shrubberies both to the south and north of the main house. On the north side, there was a gate lodge. By 1827 a small park had been created east of the Hall,

incorporating two tumuli (Baugh 1808; Greenwood 1827; O.S. 6\" LXXVII.NW, LXXVII.NE 1884).

Features
  • Country House (featured building)
  • Description: Broadward Hall is originally and 18th-century house which was altered in the early-19th century. Crenellation was added, and a castellated outbuilding was built to the left of the main house. (Pevsner, N. The Buildings of England: Shropshire, [1974], p.110)
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Clungunford
References

References