Blakenham Woodland Garden is a combination of traditional English Woodland and many exotic trees, shrubs and fowers planted over a period of 60 years.
The site was bought in 1951 by John Hare, MP. He cleared the side creating glades and paths throughout the wood. He collected many interesting plants from far and near, establishing many interesting specimens including from the garden at Bodnant, from Eric Savill at Windsor and the RHS.
Visitor FacilitiesOpen from 1st March to 31st July 10am to 5pm Donation: adults £3 children £1.50 Tel: 07760 342131.
Earthwork, Designed Route, Building, Structure
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpen from 1st March to 31st July 10am to 5pm Donation: adults £3 children £1.50 Tel: 07760 342131.
DirectionsFrom A14 at junction 52 proceed in the direction of Bramford. Ignore first right to Great Blakenham. 200 yards after dual carriagway ends take right turn up Pound Lane. Turn right at T junction at top. Blakenham Woodland Garden is on your right after the Little Blakenham sign.
- Little Blakenham