The 110-acre estate dates from the 11th century and for a time it was a royal hunting ground. The first record of a house was in 1488 and the present mansion house has an 18th century façade, a Georgian wing and a Victorian conservatory.
The Walled Garden occupies a 1.25 acre site complete with original, now restored working glasshouses. The Walled Garden is divided into a classical four quarter design.
- Visitor Access, Directions & Contacts
Telephone44 (0)844 414 5803
Access contact details
Opening Times: 2nd April – 29th September | Open 10am – 4pm (last entry 3.30pm)
Closed Tuesdays & Saturdays
- Features & Designations
- Walled Garden
- Description: Original restored glasshouses
- Description: Woodland Walk
- Key Information
Open to the public