Allestree Park, a mixture of woodland and open parkland, is now largely a municipal golf course. Allestree Hall was built by James Wyatt in 1795 and houses the golf course's Club House.
Allestree Hall was built in 1795 by James Wyatt. The surrounding park is believed to be of a similar date. The last of the wealthy owners the Hall housed was Sir William Evans who, in 1864, chose to donate the Hall to the local parish and villages. It was later bought by housing developers, but World War 2 prevented development from taking place. By the 1950s the Council took ownership of the Hall and park.
Visitor FacilitiesThis is a municipal park for general public use. Please see: http://www.derby.gov.uk/LeisureCulture/ParksRecreation/AllestreePark.htm More information
- House (featured building)
- Earliest Date:
- Latest Date:
- Flower Bed
- Description: Rose beds.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThis is a municipal park for general public use. Please see: http://www.derby.gov.uk/LeisureCulture/ParksRecreation/AllestreePark.htm
- Late 18th Century
- 18th Century
- Associated People
Just one person associated to Allestree Park
Official WebsiteClick Here