Originally the site of Aconbury Nunnery, a mansion house and associated gardens were created in the 16th century. Next to the church is a substantial walled garden partly of brick, partly of stone, some of which came from the dissolved convent.
The house at Aconbury was converted from the remains of the former convent after the Reformation, and a substantial garden created. The house was demolished in the late 18th century and replaced by the present farm.
- Access & Directions
DirectionsFour miles south of Hereford via the A49 and a minor road.
- Tudor (1485-1603)