Aberdare Park 20

Aberdare, Wales

Brief Description

Aberdare Park is a well-preserved Victorian public park, partly laid out by the eminent park and garden designer William Barron. As well as retaining most of its Victorian-built features, such as a bandstand and fountain, it has an attractive lake. Many of the original trees are now mature specimens.

History

The park was opened on 27 July 1869. It was intended to be 'a pleasant place for the dust-begrimed inhabitants'.

Visitor Facilities

This is a municipal park for general public use.
Features
  • Gate
  • Description: Gated entries.
  • Statue
  • Description: Lord Merthyr statue
Fountain, Bandstand, Pond, Pavilion, Bowling Green
Access & Directions

Access Contact Details

This is a municipal park for general public use.
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Aberdare
Associated People

Just one person associated to Aberdare Park

Contact

Telephone

01443 336000

Official Website

Click Here

Owners

  • Rhondda Cynon Taff County Borough Council

    Rock Grounds, High Street, Aberdare, CF44 7AE
References

References