William Paty was an architect, surveyor and statuary mason active, particularly in Bristol, England, in late-18th century. He was born in 1758, son of the Bristol architect and craftsman Thomas Paty (born around 1713, died 1789) with whom he later worked in partnership and helped to build much of the Georgian city.
Paty's most notable works are perhaps No. 7 Great George Street, Bristol, now the Georgian House Museum, Blaise Castle, House, near Bristol, and Christ Church, Bristol.
Paty died on 11 December 1800. A tablet in St. Augustine's Church, Bristol commemorates his life.
Colvin, Howard, A Biographical Dictionary of British Architects 1600-1840, 3rd edition (New Haven and London: Yale University Press, 1995), pp. 743-744.
National Archives, National Register of Archives, Corporate Details, 'William Paty & Son, architects, GB/NNAF/C107542' <http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/nra/searches/subjectView.asp?ID=B31048> [accessed 27 April 2008]
Priest, Gordon, The Paty Family : Makers of Eighteenth-Century Bristol (Bristol: Redcliffe, 2003)