The Quiet Garden at Worth Abbey is a place for meditation and prayer. There is a rock garden surrounding a large pool, with a variety of trees, plants and wildlife. Some of the paths are uneven and slippery.
The garden was originally laid out in the late 19th century, when it formed part of the Paddockhurst Estate purchased by Lord Cowdray. Part of the estate was bought by the Order of Saint Benedict in 1933 and Worth Abbey established. The grounds were neglected until the 1970s but are undergoing a gradual restoration.
Visitor FacilitiesThe Quiet Garden at Worth Abbey is open for contemplation and prayer daily. Please respect the privacy of the Abbey and School.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe Quiet Garden at Worth Abbey is open for contemplation and prayer daily. Please respect the privacy of the Abbey and School.
DirectionsFollow signposted path from main car park.