Whaddon Hall 4549

Milton Keynes, England, Buckinghamshire, Aylesbury Vale

Brief Description

The site has the remains of a late-15th-century park surrounding an early-19th-century mansion house. There are gardens associated with the house.

History

The original manor house can be traced back as far as the 11th century and underwent a series of alterations until it was demolished in the late-18th-century. A new brick mansion house was erected on the site in 1820.The park and garden both date from the 15th century.In the 1940s, Whaddon Hall was used as the headquarters of Section VII of MI6 and was a vital link to the operations at Bletchley Park.

Features
  • House (featured building)
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
Dovecote, Kitchen Garden
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Whaddon
References

References