The house has gardens, woods and a lake covering some 3 hectares.
The house was built in 1820 by a Mr H.A.Fussell on land adjacent to his dye works. A drive ran from the lodge through planting and past a pool to the house. There were lawns with ornamental trees and a semi-circular kitchen garden with greenhouses. Russell Page designed a series of small formal areas on the south front in 1936, comprising a hedged garden, pool garden and rose garden.
- Country House (featured building)
- Earliest Date:
- Latest Date:
- Associated People