The 12th-century church stands on Harmondsworth Village Green. The churchyard has 18th- and early-19th century tombstones; Harmondsworth Burial Ground was established by the Burial Board on land adjacent to the churchyard in 1905.
The village name of Harmondsworth comes from 'Heremod's enclosure. Harmondsworth Manor was granted to the Abbey of Rouen in 1069 by William the Conqueror and a priory cell established in the village. Harmondsworth became an important staging post along the route from London to the west. In 1838 the Great Western Railway opened but Harmondsworth remained largely rural until the 1940s and the building of Heathrow Airport.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: West Drayton then bus. Bus U3.
- 12th Century
Official WebsiteClick Here
Church: Diocese of London. Burial Ground: LB Hillingdon