The Portland stone monument is topped by a flagpole and has a bronze plaque on each face. The gardens also feature a memorial pavilion which contains a stone dedicatory tablet. The gardens have received a number of recent grants for maintenance and improvements to the setting.
Sir William and Lady Ackroyd of Cliffe Hall funded the war memorial. The garden commemorates the fallen of World War 1 from the parish and the associated mills.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)