In 1953 the burial ground was laid out as a public garden and called Holly Road Garden of Rest. It was later restored and replanted in 1991.
From 1782 Holly Road Burial Ground served the parish of St Mary, Twickenham but was full by 1835 at which point Oak Lane Cemetery was opened. It was officially closed in 1868 although some burials in family graves continued until c.1875. In 1930 196 monuments and tombstones naming 450 people could be read, but there were probably many more burials than this.
Visitor FacilitiesThe garden is open from Mon - Sat: 7.30am - dusk/Sun & Bank Hols: 9am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe garden is open from Mon - Sat: 7.30am - dusk/Sun & Bank Hols: 9am - dusk.
DirectionsRail: Twickenham. Bus: 267, 281, 290, 490, R68, R70