Hillesden House 4496

Buckingham, England, Buckinghamshire, Aylesbury Vale

Brief Description

The site has the earthwork foundations of a 17th-century manor house which has since been demolished. The layout of the grounds is indicated by the remains of three terraces, brick walls and fish-ponds.

History

During the civil war in the 17th century, Hillesden House was used as a garrison for the King.The manor house was demolished in the years before 1806.

Features
Terrace, Garden Wall, Fishpond
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Hillesden
References

References