This public park is situated in Bilston to the east of Wolverhampton. It has recently been restored using funds from the Heritage Lottery. An unusual feature is an outdoor theatre with seating area, which was constructed in around 1930.
This was Bilston's first public park, created in 1910 and remaining largely intact. The 4.8 hectare site was designed by the town surveyor Mr. Vincent Turner. As well as open spaces and tree lined avenues, the public could enjoy the flower beds, a playground and a pool with a spray fountain. There was also a cast-iron drinking fountain and a bandstand which was donated by Lady Hickman. Lady Hickman formally opened the park on 17 June, 1911.
Visitor FacilitiesThis is a municipal park, open daily from 7am until dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThis is a municipal park, open daily from 7am until dusk.
- Early 20th Century
Staffordshire Gardens and Parks Trust