Haworth Park 5225

Accrington, England, Lancashire, Hyndburn

Brief Description

Haworth Park's grounds are part of an art gallery.

History

Haworth Park, originally called Hollin's Hill, was created in the early-20th century. In 1920, the house was converted into a museum and art gallery.

Visitor Facilities

Open:Wed-Fri 14.00-17.00 Sat-Sun 12.00-16.30 Bank holidays 14.00-17.00 Admission is Free. T:01254 233 782 W:http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/roundabout/opencms/leisure_and_culture/leisure/HAG.html

Detailed Description

Haworth Park's gardens allow fine views of the surrounding moors. Currently, the gardens are part of the Haworth Park and Gallery.
Features
  • Great House (featured building)
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
Access & Directions

Access Contact Details

Open:Wed-Fri 14.00-17.00 Sat-Sun 12.00-16.30 Bank holidays 14.00-17.00 Admission is Free. T:01254 233 782 W:http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/roundabout/opencms/leisure_and_culture/leisure/HAG.html
History

Detailed History

In 1909, Haworth Park house was designed by W. H. Brierley for William Haworth. The estate was originally called Hollin's Hill. Hollin's Hill was a private residence until 1920, when it was converted into an art gallery. The Haworth Park and Gallery is home to Europe's largest public collection of Tiffany glass and consists of over one hundred and forty vases, tiles and mosaics. In addition the gallery has an excellent collection of mainly 19th-century oil paintings and water-colours.

Period

  • Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
References

Contributors

  • E. Bennis and J. Dyke