The Glasshampton estate includes an early 19th-century stable block and grounds. Features include a boathouse, a pool and a wood. The house was burnt down in 1810. The stable block is now a monastery.
The earliest records of an estate at Glasshampton date back to the 13th century. From the mid-16th century it was known as a manor. The house was built in 1705. It was rebuilt in 1810 and burnt down during the completion celebrations. The 1810 stable block survives.
Pool, Boat House
- Access & Directions
DirectionsNine miles north-west of Worcester via the A443 and the B4196.
- Astley and Dunley
The house at Glasshampton was built in 1705 to the design of John Watson, whose gravestone in Astley church names him as architect.
The house was rebuilt in 1810, but burnt down during the completion celebration. The stable block, also of 1810, survives.
During the 20th century the stable block became a Franciscan monastery, which it remains.
- Associated People