All that remains of Glasserton House is the terraced lawns, following the demolition of the house in 1948. The 18th-century walled garden is now a separate private property - see entry for Woodfall Gardens.
Admiral the Honorable Keith Stewart, son of the 6th Earl of Galloway, was granted Glasserton in 1767 and created the house, parkland, triple walled garden and farm buildings between 1770 and 1787 with Robert Adam as architect. Glasserton House was demolished in 1948 and in the 1970s the 1.6 hectare walled gardens were sold off. The walled garden is now known as Woodfall Gardens and functions as a private garden and a plant nursery.
- 18th Century
- Late 18th Century
- Associated People