Garsdon Manor 5020

Malmesbury, England

History

The site was formerly the property of the Abbot of Malmesbury. The manor house, farm and considerable surrounding area was given by Henry VIII in 1543 to Richard Moody. Subsequently it was owned by various members of the gentry and aristocracy, including members of the Washington family. The date of creation of the garden is unknown, but the plan shows it in essentially its present form in 1720.

Features
Water Feature
Authorities

Electoral Ward

  • Malmesbury
History

Period

  • 16th Century
References

References