Compton Wynyates originated as a medieval moated manor dating to about 1480. By the mid-19th century the site was in ruins until restorations began in about 1835. The 'best garden', designed as a topiary garden, was laid out in 1895, and at the same time a water garden was established in the vicinity of the existing moat.
Bed, Mixed Border, Moat, Lawn, Topiary
- Associated People