Cliffe Castle, Keighley 849

Keighley, West Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, England

Brief Description

Cliffe Castle has associated grounds which include terraces, a formal garden and fountains.

History

Cliff Castle and gardens were remodelled in 1878. The house was originally built between 1828 and 1833. Sir Bracewell Smith bought the house in 1950 and presented it to Keighley as a public museum.

Visitor Facilities

www.haworth-village.org.uk/outandabout/cliffe-castle/cliffe-castle.asp
Features
Garden Terrace, Fountain
Access & Directions

Access Contact Details

www.haworth-village.org.uk/outandabout/cliffe-castle/cliffe-castle.asp
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Ilkley